Friday 8 January 2021

Portraiture

I've always had a go on and off at painting, but it's been during the lockdowns that I've really got to pick up my paintbrushes, to while away some hours, listening to music and quietening my brain down. It's nice to be able to shut off and concentrate on something that is relatively calming. 

In the past I have tried to paint the odd landscape and would dearly love to be able to paint beautiful abstracts, but I really struggle with not only the discipline of these but also any idea of where to start and so I always to revert back to portraiture.

But as with anything, fear of failure holds me back from realising any possible potential I may have at getting better and as a result my paintings are always really tight and I definitely need to learn how to loosen up. 

Some of my portrait paintings are below, from my first attempts at watercolours, to moving on to gouache which I do really enjoy. I'm definitely more happy with than others. 

Watercolour and coloured pencil - November 2018

Watercolour - December 2018

Gouache and coloured pencil - March 2020

Gouache - May 2020

Gouache - May 2020

Gouache - May 2020

Gouache - November 2020

Gouache - November 2020

Gouache - November 2020

Gouache and coloured pencil - December 2020

Gouache - January 2021







No comments:

Post a Comment