Tuesday 1 December 2009

My paintings

A little while ago I painted the above picture above of my son Jourdan. The photograph was taken on his mobile phone and we played with it on the computer until we got a much more abstract look to paint onto a canvas. We were both really pleased with it and it really does look like him.

I have the picture as my icon on my Flickr page and obviously in my photo stream. I showed my friend at work and she asked if I would do a painting of her daughter and had one photograph in mind. When she brought in the photograph for me (below) my heart dropped as there was no way I do do the same sort of abstract painting I had done previously. The picture is quite 'flat' and she didn't want black and white either, but sepia please!!. Oh well I do occasionally like a challenge, not very often, granted, so I set to it on Sunday night messing about with the scan.

The finished photos after editing were lovely, so on Monday night I started. On Tuesday night I had this, ta-daa, finished ready for work tomorrow. Although i'm not sure if Sam will like it quiet as much as I do. Oh well if she doesn't i'll keep it.

With regards to the others edited photographs I have one in mind to do a drawing with as well. If it works i'll add it to the blog. Although actually maybe I ought to finish the 3 blankets, 3 handbags, 1 scarf & 1 shopping bag for the Christmas presents first. Oh and of course all the wedding makes we haven't yet started...








No comments:

Post a Comment