Thursday 4 February 2021

February already, an update


 Its been two weeks since my last update, so here we go again.

  • Weight - Finally a slight movement in the right direction. 
  • Physical wellbeing - Ok until floored with a full on migraine.
  • Mental wellbeing - Better than it was.

Weight - I've kicked the crisp habit, a major milestone. I've had no butter or fat of any kind. However, I have still sneaked in the very odd nibble of cheese, so still work to go on the cheese front. I do feel however that I've finally got my head in the right place and will now continue along the right path, slowly but surely.

Physical wellbeing - Last week I did a 6 mile cycle ride which I have to be honest nearly killed me and I was shocked at my lack of fitness after a 3 month break. One nice long walk and a couple of smaller ones but nothing to write home. 

Tuesday this week I had one of the worst migraines that I've had. Ive only ever had one quite like it before and it sent to Hospital with a suspected stroke. If it hadn't started with the zig zag lines and loss of vision I would have been even more scared than I was. I couldn't remember the names of things or people including my husband or grandchildren, I couldn't read, make sense of things or understand words  for a brief period (exactly as before) but this time thankfully I didn't experience the numbness in one half of my face or arm. I'd woken up with horrible neck pain in the morning, which unbeknown to me could well be a warning of of a migraine coming on, I will definitely be more aware in future, but fingers crossed this was another one off. Two days in bed with the horrible headache and I woke up this morning thankfully feeling much better.

Mental wellbeing - Not too bad considering; I've become obsessed with checking the daily virus figures which causes great concern and slight panic, especially here in the South East of England. 

On the plus side, I have finally also got myself into gear about sorting out my house, in preparation to move the sold houses 'stuff' over. It's a huge job, I'm clearing out a cluttered house into an already cluttered house. I am trying to put a square peg into a round whole and as we know it is NEVER ever going to fit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment