Friday 13 August 2021

A linocut of my girl

I had to say goodbye to my beautiful girl a few weeks ago, she was a huge presence in our home and we miss her terribly. 

Theres a guilt that comes along with feeling so devastated over the loss of a family pet, when the world as a whole is suffering in so many ways, but I am trying to deal with the grief that is in my heart over her loss and keeping busy.

I also have guilt that I am already considering getting a puppy within the next few months, not to replace as that could never happen, but to fill the massive void that Bertie has left in our lives. 

I didn't think for a minute that I could consider another miniature schnauzer, but it was pointed out that to me that although Bertie was very special, its also the breed character and qualities that I like and after a lot of soul searching I have decided that yes I do want another miniature schnauzer, but not another salt and pepper just yet.

For me personally it has been a healing process to look forward, to having a new baby in my life to love, to spend time training and to take on my walks, but I am aware that others aren't at that stage yet.

Photo from 2014

Last week I made a linocut print of Bertie, from a photograph I had taken a few years ago and it now hangs in pride of place within my art space. Its not the best linocut and I forgot to reverse the photograph before transferring to my Lino, but that doesn't matter, its just for me and I'm happy with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment