Wednesday 24 May 2023

A linocut of Tulip



A lot has happened in the last year, but part of that was creating a new space for me and my arty farty stuff. A dedicated room that doesn't have a spare bed it in, that I can just go in, make a mess and then shut the door. 

My previous space, having also been a spare bedroom was taken over as a home office as a result of covid and lockdown, its still a home office today. 

I love my little space but it's at the front of the house which is North facing and because of that the light is quite poor most of the time. But I am making the most of it and really enjoying it.




Yesterday I had some rare time on my hands and got my linocutting tools out. I spent way too long thinking about what I could do and decided to carve a recent picture I took of Tulip, who been quite poorly this last week following her neutering.






I'll need to reprint it as I the best one is still a little patchy, but I'm pretty pleased with it. 




                             



No comments:

Post a Comment