Saturday 19 August 2023

Suffolk and Cambridge Folk Festival Part 1.

Last month was Cambridge Folk Festival. Usually it's just me and my daughter for the weekend but this year she stood me up for a cruise and who can blame her, so I dragged my husband along for a change. 

There was a house on the market that I'd spotted in Suffolk a little while previously so we decided to make a week of it and spend 5 nights there exploring the Bury St Edmunds area before going onto Cambridge. 

I thought I would fall in love with Suffolk and although it was beautiful, there was something that didn't quite do it for me, but maybe that had something to do with the hit and miss weather we had and the campsite we'd chosen. Regardless we visited some lovely places so maybe I shouldn't discount Suffolk straight away. 

Our campsite had a beautiful view, once we'd chosen our spot away from all the other campers.

Dinner with a view

Ickworth Estate was definitely worth a visit and we were lucky with the weather that day.






We spent a day in Lavenham, which again is so pretty. Described as 'Englands finest medieval village'. 

Church of St Peter and St Paul 



The Guildhall

The sun came out and we got to enjoy walking around with glorious blue skies for a while.






The famous crooked house

To be continued.....












No comments:

Post a Comment