Tuesday 14 September 2010

We've been on a mushroom hunt

On Sunday we went for a woodland walk to hunt for mushrooms, not to eat as we don't know enough about them yet, but to photograph.

We found lots of different types in a very small area...













And what did I get for my efforts.... So many bites that when I got up on Monday morning I actually thought I had chicken pox, needless to say I had a very uncomfortable nights sleep last night. I assume they are bites anyway, otherwise I have got some horrible lurgy!

I also think it's high time I went on a course on mushroom hunting, so that at least I could enjoy the fruits of my labour in future, oh and I will definitely be covering myself from head to toe in insect repellant. 

3 comments:

  1. Hehhee...mushrooms are so weird : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. mosquitoes...chiggers, no-see-ums....all manner of pesky pests out there in the woods!!! but the photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my what a bounty !!! they're all so beautiful ! I know some are so toxic, but i can't help thinking they have such a friendly fun shape... just like pumkins... must be the curves I like so...
    beautiful photos !

    ReplyDelete