Sunday 27 December 2020

The Making of Miss Maggie Rabbit



In April this year I decided I wanted to make my mum a little present to brighten up her room in the home she now lives in. It makes me sad that there's nothing really of hers there, it still looks like a random, albeit nice, hotel room. 

For some reason dad won't take or send in any of mums personal things to make her room more comfortable and homely. Maybe somewhere in his mind he thinks that he'll be letting her go completely and that she'll really never be coming home if he does. I don't know the real reason but I do know that she needs to have some of her own lovely things or at least some new lovely things around her. 

As we all know, in April this year it was impossible to get your hands on anything, especially toilet rolls and pasta apparently, but as someone who is lucky enough to have a lot of 'stuff' cluttering up the house, I mean, a large array of fabrics and notions at my fingertips, I was in the lucky position of being able to take advantage of the wonderful free Miss Maggie Rabbit pattern that I'd had my eye on for an age, from the amazing Posy Gets Cozy


After gathering up everything I needed, I could sit quietly stitching on the bed listening to music, whist my husband worked from home downstairs. An added benefit was being able to shut my brain off whilst I concentrated on getting my stitches as neat as possible. She was a dream to make and the only thing I had to get my sewing machine out for was the dress. 


I was so happy to be able to pass my finished Miss Maggie Rabbit onto the reception at the home and looked forward to seeing a photo of it with my mum later. Sadly mum was having a difficult time that day and I never heard anything further. But at least as far as I am aware Miss Rabbit is sitting comfortably, keeping mum company, in her room. 










No comments:

Post a Comment