Thursday 30 September 2021

Christmas card progress

I'm using traditional Lino for this print, rather than the Japanese Lino that I have been using, to see which I prefer and which is easier.

I follow linocut artists on Instagram and watch YouTube videos to learn different techniques and styles to aid my progression with this form of printing. 

Everyone has different ways of approaching a print but a popular choice is traditional Lino, very lightly sanded and stained beforehand with acrylic paint, making it much easier to see where you have carved and where you haven't and slightly less slipping of the cutting tool achieved from the sanding.

Image reversed and transferred to the stained Lino

Black pen added 

Starting to carve

Although I have lost some of the clarity of the thin lines I was hoping to keep crisp, I'm relatively happy how things are currently going.

No comments:

Post a Comment