Sunday 27 June 2010

This weekend I have....

Made jam from the glut of strawberries from the garden and allotment. Both wild white and the usual red varieties. 




We tidied up the garden for a barbecue for Roys birthday and it did actually look like a garden that you could sit in for the first time in a year. Incidentally, it was a year ago to the day on Roys birthday that we acquired Florence, Olive and Persephone to join Mary, Lucy and Susan.

If only they looked like this now, but no they are moulting badly and look like they've been half plucked ready for the oven!

Happy anniversary girls...




Anyway back to the garden. Okay there's still great big patches of dirt but its definitely better.




We made Moscow Mule cocktails and I even brought some candles, well you have you to make an effort sometimes don't you, but I really think I should have brought the candles that keeps the bugs away, not ones that attract them!

 

It was so warm that we managed to spend the whole evening outside too



And look what Emily brought me back from Worthing.... My favourite

 

Oh and I forgot to say that I also made strawberry ice cream, that didn't freeze in time, shortcake biscuits to go with it, that were not as crisp as they should have been and my first Pavlova that came out like marshmallow. I really don't seem to have much luck when it comes to puddings but its the thought that counts isn't it? and anyway it was all edible eventually, we had strawberry ice cream cornets the next day!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya!

    Looks like you had a wonderful evening...it was so hot wasn't it? That jam looks sooo good and your garden looks lovely !

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jam looks yummy....fresh bread and butter and a shmere of that ....mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete