Friday 22 January 2021

New Year, New Start update and its not good


It's been more or less three weeks since my New year, New Start, New Me plan and this is not going to be the update I was hoping for. 

The three areas I want/need to improve on have gone like this...

  • Weight - I've put it on. 
  • Physical wellbeing - Ive been feeling under the weather, sluggish and felt pretty run down most of the time. 
  • Mental wellbeing - Panicky, depressed and low.

So all in all a bit of a disaster. But I'm not going to give up, I know where I'm going wrong and I have no-one else to blame but myself.

Weight - I'm struggling to give up (or not giving up) the lunch time bag of crisps. I'm sneaking in bites of cheese when I'm making Roy's sandwiches. I've been eating oat and rice cakes with 'real' butter AND added peanut butter. There has also been the nuts, chocolates and sweets left over from Christmas, but these have all gone now thank goodness, unfortunately they've all gone into my tummy. 

Physical wellbeing - I have tried to make time for exercise; I started doing yoga three times a week but that's drifted off. I enjoyed walking but haven't been out for any proper ones lately, partly due to the weather and feeling run down but also out of sheer laziness. Ive decided though rather than stressing about not having exercised and giving myself a hard time about it, I'll concentrate on eating sensibly, doing things that I enjoy and taking one step at a time, literally in this case.

Mental wellbeing - This last year has been particularly testing for everyone, but for people like me who suffer from health anxieties it can be even more terrifying. But, I'm trying to keep busy, trying to make time for art and planning the clearing out of the house that's under offer. Now I just need to pull my socks up and get on with it. 

So that's it, all of this procrastinating has to stop today, or maybe tomorrow. No definitely today!


No comments:

Post a Comment