Thursday 14 January 2021

Paper Cutting

My daughter moved home on Tuesday, during another National Lockdown. 

I wasn't allowed to help, mostly through our own fears, apart from cleaning the old house once the removal men had been and gone and the house was empty. 

So with masks on, windows open and working in different rooms, we got to spend a couple of hours as near to being in each others company as we'd got in weeks.

Not wanting to go to the shops I decided to make a moving home card, to go with the moving in fruitcake I'd made the day before. 

I've only done paper cutting to make cards once before, last year for my husbands birthday. Its a fiddly but pleasant task. 

Roys card was based on one of my photographs taken some time ago, one that I'd like to make into a Lino cut or collagraph one day.

Roy's birthday card

Inspiration for Rhiannon's card was taken from work by a Russian paper artist Tania Lissova. I say inspiration, but what I actually mean is that I tried to blatantly copy a couple of her simpler paper plants. I have no idea how she makes such intricate tiny pieces of art, they are just amazing. Apparently she doesn't use scissors and they are probably a quarter of the size of my effort.

Rhiannon's moving home card






No comments:

Post a Comment