Wednesday 17 March 2021

Finally a little bit of crafting

It's my grandsons first birthday next week. 

My daughter is very specific on what she likes and doesn't like, what colours things can be and definitely no plastic and quite rightly too. But it does make it quite tricky to know what to get and where to get it what with no shops being open.

She mentioned last week that her and Jasper love Belle and Boo and she's also recently been looking for a name plate for his room. Luckily for me I just happen to have the Belle and Boo craft book and was happy to see on the first page a design for a framed name letter. 

Having made button bouquets previously I hunted out the left over buttons and set to work. I had a lovely quiet afternoon organising and gluing.

Planning stage

Final design with more green

First layer stuck down

Finished piece with final layers


Framed

Although this my not be what my daughter was looking for as a name plate, I do believe she will love it, mainly because its been handmade by Nanny, the buttons have sentimental value from her sisters wedding and its Belle and Boo inspired, I do hope so anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment