Monday 15 March 2021

I got my vaccine

I had my vaccine on Saturday morning. 

I had the Oxford AstraZeneca amid the fears that it causes blood clots and that a number of countries are temporarily stopping it being used in their vaccine programs. I obviously hope that having done 11 million jabs using this vaccine in the UK and no problems recorded, that these countries will again give it the go ahead very quickly, but it is a bit unnerving now that I've had it that these fears won't go away.

On Saturday I wouldn't have even known that I'd had a vaccine, no tenderness or any other reaction. I woke at 2am just very thirsty and my arm was painful at that point, but nothing major. By Sunday afternoon my arm felt like I'd been punched and I couldn't get warm, not shivery, just bone cold and slightly lightheaded. I had a nap on the sofa, with a blanket to get warm and felt much better after that. Today, Monday I just feel pretty normal, the pain in my arm has subsided and now again I get a slight sense of lightheadedness but that's it.

I truly believe that vaccine program is the only way out of the situation we find ourselves in and although very nervous and not at all keen on getting vaccinated, I am confident that I have done the right thing and have helped in getting a step nearer to being able to see and be with my family members once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment