Tuesday 4 May 2021

May update

A whole month has gone by without any change to anything really, a wasted month on the weight loss front for certain, I've definitely gone off the boil, my motivation has waned.

  • Weight - more or less the same as last month. 
  • Physical wellbeing - Could be better again.
  • Mental wellbeing - About the same.

Weight - No weight loss this month, but mostly through lack of trying. My get up and go has got up and gone.

Physical wellbeing - I've had another month of neck pain and headaches. I actually got to see a physiotherapist, following a doctors telephone consultation, with the hope that I would get some sort of treatment or help. But although you can now physically go into the surgery for the appointment they don't do actual hands on treatment, just talk through your symptoms. So I left with some neck exercises and wondering why they didn't just do an online video call. She did however suggest that I arrange for some blood tests to get my hormones checked and I have an appointment for that later this month. 

In February 2020 I received a letter from the NHS for a bowel cancer screening appointment due in April that year. I had no idea that over 55s were invited for this in the first place but was secretly pretty happy that for obvious reasons it was cancelled. However last week I received a home test and did duly send it off. Lucky me, I also received a phone call from the doctors to book an appointment for a smear test which I also went to on Friday. I am now waiting for the results of these two tests, as well as having an appointment for the blood tests. Its going to be an anxious 4 week wait to get all the results in, but at least after that I would have had a pretty good MOT of sorts.

Mental wellbeing - More or less ok, around the same as last month, so that's all good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment