Saturday 16 January 2010

Centipede scarf



I found the pattern for this centipede scarf online on Folksy.com, when I was browsing one lunch time at work and I just loved it. So I brought it with nothing in particular in mind, except that I thought one day I might be able to actually crochet something like it and wouldn't be able to find a pattern then that was something that little bit different.  (http://www.folksy.com/shops/crocheteria) 


And then I thought, hang on its Vicki's birthday and she likes scarves. And I needed no other excuse to get online shopping for wool - again


So a couple of weeks ago my wool arrived, the exact same one as on the pattern and set to.  The pattern suggests a 7mm hook, which I don't own, so I used a 5.5mm and looking back I think it is still too big for the wool. It was quite difficult crocheting something so loose. I was already late for Vicki's birthday so another couple of weeks wouldn't matter, but once I got through the first nine rows it was really easy. I even managed to correct some errors on the pattern, so must be getting better at this crocheting lark.



So here it is the finished scarf, already wrapped up and delivered and best of all Vicki really seemed to like it.


1 comment:

  1. Love the scarf, but can't get the link to work. Is the pattern still on Folksy?

    ReplyDelete