Tuesday 5 January 2010

Red sky in the morning


Its cold this morning, very cold. But the sky just looked beautiful, worth going out to try and unfreeze the car. At least this morning the locks weren't frozen, I could actually get out the front door, couldn't do that yesterday, and into the car as well. Looks like my lucky day and I can go to work then, yah!

Red sky in the morning, shepherds warning, well I certainly wouldn't want to be a shepherd on a day like this. If you stood still too long outside you'd be frozen on the spot, left out in the cold to be found thawing in the spring by a hiker with a bobble hat, walking stick and backpack, singing 'I love to go a wandering'. Well what could be worse than being a shepherd on a day like this, oh going into CIT for the next eight and a half hours of course.

The weather forecast has severe warnings today for snow, creeping up from 10cm to 16 inches as the day goes along, over estimating for underplaying it before Christmas probably, but we'll see what we get by the morning.

---------------------------------------------------

Well, its now 10 o'clock in the evening and yes the snow is coming down with a vengeance, maybe the weather men have got it right this time after all.

Its a bit tricky taking photographs without a tripod, but I wanted to show the weird colour the sky goes here when it snows, it seems to always go that eery yellow, like old sepia pictures, I think its something to do with the town lights. So here you go, my snow news at 10.

Front garden
Back garden

No comments:

Post a Comment