Friday 16 April 2010

Garden update

Its been a week since the girls were moved to the bottom of the garden and they are really not happy about it. They walk up and down the fence like lions in a cage, but its the company they seem to miss the most. So time is taken out every day to sit in the enclosure with them, chat to them and get shouted back in return. 

Quiet a lot has been done to make the garden look like a garden again. We have redone the herb bed. We now have Chives, Oregano, Marjoram, Rosemary, Lavender, Sorrel, Thyme, Sage and have sowed the parsley, rocket and coriander seeds. We have strawberry plants along the bottom edge too and I'm also trying to bring the Bay back to life.


We moved a lilac from another bed where it couldn't be seen, its only a small one and me being me originally planted it in completely the wrong place, but so far it seems to have taken quite well to its new environment. The chickens only managed to eat the bottom of it, so hopefully it will do its best this year to get new leaves. I've also planted a rose that has been hanging around in a pot in the front garden for a long time, along with more flower seeds and a peony for free.


Another bed dug and another plant planted, I've been after a Buddleia for ages and found this variegated one at a very good price. Hopefully the birds, bees and butterflies will now start getting attracted to my desert, I mean garden. I've also planted some bulbs for more colour.


Now I know that none of this looks great, but it definitely looks 100% better then last week.  I've even made a start on cleaning the garden furniture. Who knew that chairs could become so green, or so white again with just soapy water, a scrubbing brush and elbow grease...


The best thing though is that Spring has finally arrived to the garden and the blossom is finally out.

On the cherry tree



On the tiny little plum tree planted last year


And thinking about it on the equally small apple tree


Oh and I've got flowers, just the one tub so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment